We are proud of the dynamic, cooperative and strong partnership between our school and our families.
Parents are invited and encouraged to get involved and take an active role at École Rio Terrace Schule.
Research shows that parent participation in their child’s education contributes significantly to their child’s success in school.
Thank you to all our parents for the time and talent you bring to our school.
School Council at Rio Terrace School is the collective association of parents, teachers, principal and staff whose purpose is to advise the principal respecting matters related to the school. Every parent or guardian of a student at Rio Terrace is automatically a voting member of School Council and is welcomed and encouraged to attend our council meetings to discuss and vote on the issues we are looking to address. School Council makes financial recommendations to the fundraising society School Council is governed by the Alberta Schools Act. Check the SchoolZone calendar for meeting times (usually the last Monday of the month).
Rio Terrace Education Society
The Rio Terrace Education Society is the fundraising arm that oversees the financial operations of school council. Alberta School Council regulations stipulate that a separate legal entity must exist to handle finances. As such, the RTES exists to raise funds and to manage the bank accounts for casino funds and our general funds. The Society is in the process of obtaining charitable status. The Rio Terrace Education Society is governed by the Alberta Societies Act.
Classroom/School Volunteer Program
- Volunteer opportunities in the school or classroom can be arranged to suit your interest, expertise and schedule.
- Volunteer activities include:
- Field trips
- Helping with art and cooking experiences
- Sporting events
- Clerical tasks
- Preparing teaching materials (during school hours or sometimes materials can be picked up for preparation at home)
- Reading to the class or with a student
- Classroom Representative
- Library volunteer
- Ask your child’s teacher or office staff how you can help. We would love to hear from you!
School Wide Volunteer Opportunities
Rio Terrace relies on volunteers to help with a variety of school activities, such as:
- Lunch Room Supervisors (paid position)
- Family Festival
- Special Events
- Fundraisers (as determined by the School Council)
- Memory Book
- School Council Board Members
To get involved, call the office, talk to your child’s teacher, or attend a School Council meeting.