We are proud of the dynamic, cooperative and strong partnership between our school and our families.
Parents are invited and encouraged to get involved and take an active role at École Rio Terrace Schule.
Research shows that parent participation in their child’s education contributes significantly to their child’s success in school.
Thank you to all our parents for the time and talent you bring to our school.
- All parents and guardians of Rio Terrace students are members of the Rio Terrace School Council.
- Executive Officers are elected in October of the school year.
- Council meetings are open to all parents/guardians. Come and find out what’s happening. Take part in discussions. Volunteer.
- Meetings are held on Monday evenings on a monthly basis. Babysitting is provided.
- Check the school newsletter or call the school office for meeting dates.
Classroom/School Volunteer Program
- Volunteer opportunities in the school or classroom can be arranged to suit your interest, expertise and schedule.
- Volunteer activities include:
- Field trips
- Helping with art and cooking experiences
- Sporting events
- Clerical tasks
- Preparing teaching materials (during school hours or sometimes materials can be picked up for preparation at home)
- Reading to the class or with a student
- Classroom Representative
- Library volunteer
- Ask your child’s teacher or office staff how you can help. We would love to hear from you!
School Wide Volunteer Opportunities
Rio Terrace relies on volunteers to help with a variety of school activities, such as:
- Milk Program
- Lunch Room Supervisors (paid position)
- Annual BBQ
- Special Events
- Fundraisers (as determined by the School Council)
- School Council Board Members
To get involved, call the office, talk to your child’s teacher, or attend a School Council meeting.